Friday, September 23, 2011
First Full Circle Delivery
Today is a gorgeous, clear, cool day in Dillingham a perfect fall day, with lots of color in the trees and grasses. Temperatures have been perfect, 40's and 50's during the day, low 40's at night. The sky at night is incredible, no lights, no polution, just lots of stars. We are just waiting for that first really cold day.
Picked up my first Full Circle Farm Box at the airport. Full Circle Farms is a service that ships organic produce to Alaska, Washington and Oregon. They are based in Washington. Kelly used them in Barrow and loved it. So I signed up for a box every other week. There is the opportunity to pick from a variety of fruits and vegetable from an online list a few days before they are shipped. Kelly said she liked getting whatever they sent, it made her eat and cook new and different foods. I forgot to do the selection so, I will be busy today looking up recipes to figure out how to use some these things. Here are a few of those items, kale, fresh beets and tomatillos. What about this squash, are the green ones ready to eat? Any suggestions?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi BF,
ReplyDeleteI'm enjoying your entries. Your vegetables are beautiful. Whenever I get anything leafy and green in my box and I don't know what to do with it, I throw some in rice.
The year is speeding by. I hope I'm not all worn out by the time I finally retire.
Please keep the stories coming...as always, I'm living your life vicariously!
Love,
b