It was a fun summer of traveling, seeing family, attending the Colonial Williamsburg Institute, saying goodbye to friends and colleagues in San Diego, maybe a little too fun.... As we checked into our PenAir Flight in Anchorage to take us to Dillingham, we were asked our weight. My mind flashed to all the Yuenglings I drank at JoJo's in NJ, all the O'Connor's Green Cans I drank at Chownings Tavern in Williamsburg, the Stellas I drank at Rocky's and all the Klondike Golden I drank at the Mooses Tooth in Anchorage. I cringed, whispered the answer and we sat down waiting to board. Can it get more embarrassing? Oh yes, Dan was called to the checkin podium and was given a new seat assignment, to help with "weight and balance" . I vowed to begin a regime in Dillihgam so the next time I board a PenAir Flight I can proudly and in a normal voice give my weight.
At least they let you on the flight..who knows what might have happened to us!
ReplyDelete