We arrived in Dillingham on a Friday night and I had just vowed to cut down on my calorie intake. I had carefully packed a few healthly dinner items in my carry on, so when we got into our new place, I could cook us up a quick dinner.
We had barely got our luggage in the place when a neighbor, a guy who has been working in Dillingham for awhile and Dan has known since his early Barrow days stops by to welcome us. His greeted us with, " Do you want to go out for pizza and a beer?" From the dry and damp laws of Barrow, I am not accustomed to hearing those words in rural Alaska. So .4 miles from our place, a nice little walk is the "Windmill Grille". Great pizza and beer on tap. Guess where we will be spending our Friday nights during this long cold winter?
No comments:
Post a Comment